Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Green Shipping

This is a cry for help. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution to the following problem and I havent found a good one yet:

Is there a company out there that ships small packages in an environment friendly way?

Basically I am looking for an alternative to Fedex, UPS, USPS. Put another way, I am looking for a company which uses methods other than "flying your mail" to the the destination and relying on the typical hub and spoke model. These "BIG" carriers are beginning to tout "green" programs. However I see that those programs are nothing other than simple carbon offset fees (asking consumers to pay money to offset their carbon consumption instead of actually changing or adding new business models).

If there is anyone out there that can ship a parcel for me across continents at a low cost and for a low carbon footprint even if it takes them a month to get my parcel to the destination, I would like for them to leave me a note so I can do business with them.

For those curious as to why I am asking for a "ship by ship" shipping option check out this graphic:


Whats the dirtiest shipping method

No comments:

Post a Comment